In keeping with this category, I am adding a recipe for White Hot Chocolate. Now for all you dark chocolate fanatics, this can be done with dark chocolate as well, but the white chocolate (in my opinion) is to die for!!!! ( Oh, and by the way cudos to cooking.com which is where I got this one!)
Here it is: oh, by the way, it serves 4
- 1 cup whipping cream (no, not cool whip, whipping cream, but hey it would be interesting to try it huh?)
- 1/2 c plus 5 tablespns sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk ( I have done this with 2% and it is good too, but this is the holidays, don’t skimp)
- Pinch of salt
- 5oz white chocolate baking bars ( I use Nestle), 4oz finely chopped and reserve grate about 1oz to put on top
- 1/2t pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 t each: ground ginger, cinnamon, and ground cloves
- 2t sugar
How to do it:
Combine cream and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and whip it up. Put this aside in the fridge for later.
Place the remaining sugar in a saucepan. Whisk in egg yolks and milk. Now cook this puppy (ok it’s not a real puppy so don’t write nasty comments) on medium heat, stirring quite often until the mixture thickens slightly (but do NOT boil). Should be done in 10 or so minutes. Add the pinch of salt and reduce heat to very low and add the white chocolate you have painstakingly chopped, a little at a time, while, of course, stirring constantly.
When the chocolate has melted, remove the pan from the heat, then add the vanilla. It’s beginning to smell good now, huh?
Mix up the spices with the remaining sugar and those luscious spices (they are my favorite spices in the whole world!). You can either add them in to the mixture at this point, or you can reserve them and put it together this way.
Hot chocolate, dollop of whipped cream, then sprinkle the spices on top. Voila! This will serve 4 so divy up accordingly. Enjoy!